If you follow me on Instagram you may have noticed a between 1-4 pm trend- I post a lot of adrenal mending juices and mocktails. On days that I spend the entire morning writing, it would be all too easy to slug another 2 espressos, but since that’s no bueno for most of us, I bounce back for my afternoon work sesh with adaptogens, essential oils and big flavors to keep me focused and awake!
From a food therapy perspective this is essentially feeding the cortisol rhythms so they cooperate instead of working against us hard working people… And believe me, they will work against you if you don’t “feed” those rhythms properly…
I recently posted a super aromatic, bright fuchsia-colored juice blending essential oils, spicy peppers and of course citrus because SoCal is still exploding with the fruits. You can adapt this juice for the hot weather we’re having right now by adding cucumbers, aloe juice and jicama…
What You’ll Need
- 3 limes, save a lime wheel for garnish
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 cup alkaline water or raw coconut water
- 1/4 cup dehydrated hibiscus flowers, save a few for garnish
- 1-3 drops ylang ylang essential oil or atomize top of juice once finished
- habañero pink salt for garnish or glass rim (can purchase prepared or see below)
Putting It All Together
1. Add all ingredients to juicer and juice.
2. Rim glass by rubbing lime wedge and dipping glass rim into habañero salt or garnish with lime and habañero salt over top of juice.
Note: If you’d like to make your own salt, dry or dehydrate habañeros, chop finely and blend with pink or your favorite sea salt.