California blueberry and loquat season are off to their start. We’re baking them up this weekend. Try our upside down crunch with a little tea or mixed into yogurt- your kiddos will love it too!
What You’ll Need
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- 1/2 cup chopped loquats (peeled/de-seeded)
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats (not quick cooking)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup walnuts or pecans
- 1 tsp maca powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey (can sub lucuma powder or stevia)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- juice of one small meyer lemon
Putting It All Together
1. Preheat oven to 375. Grease a 9×9 baking dish with coconut oil.
2. Place blueberries in baking dish.
3. In a medium bowl combine oats, baking powder, nuts, maca, cinnamon, salt and melted butter. Mix well and spread over blueberries. Squeeze lemon juice over top.
4. In a small bowl whisk together the milk, egg, vanilla and honey or maple syrup.
5. Pour evenly over oatmeal mixture.
6. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.