Everyone wants to be healthy, especially during “cold and flu season.” Here’s a recipe that’ll make your immune system laugh at the flu. Oh, and it tastes great too. Besides the antioxidants that broccoli already boasts, I add brocco sprouts and garlic for an extra pow. The sprouts are loaded with a compound call glucoraphanin(glp). The glp in a handful of sprouts is equal to a few large heads of mature broccoli and provide 50x more cancer fighting benefits than broccoli alone. We’re gonna add a warming herb, garlic, for some great flavor and more immune boosting. Adding an organic meat or gluten free pasta makes this a meal.
What You’ll Need
- 1 head organic broccoli
- 1 cup lightly packed brocco sprouts
- 5 cloves sliced garlic
- 1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
Putting It All Together
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Wash broccoli, cut into 1/2 slices and place in baking dish.
3. Sprinkle sliced garlic over broccoli.
4. Pour 1/8 cup olive oil and 1/4 cup water over broccoli and cover.
5. Roast for 35-45 minutes, depending on desired tenderness.
6. Remove from oven and toss in brocco sprouts. Cover until ready to serve.
If desired, grated pecorino romano cheese adds a final touch. If adding meat or pasta, mix it in the same time as the sprouts and let sit for 5 minutes, covered.