Sometimes being gluten free is tough because foods we once enjoyed simply aren’t replaceable. While there are many gluten free stuffing recipes out there, we opted for a whole new twist with our creamy quinoa. It’s easy, quick and offers that comfort food feeling we all know and love!
What You’ll Need:
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 1/3 cups liquid. We like to use organic chicken broth, but veggie broth will work perfect as well.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon agave
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup butter or butter alternative for non-dairy eaters (I ended up using a half cup this time, my guests really like it creamy)
- 1/4 cup feta
- Basil for garnish
- Rice cooker
- Large bowl
Putting It All Together:
- Dump quinoa and liquid into rice cooker. Set and let it cook until the timer pops. (Quinoa can be made on the stove-top as well).
- While quinoa is cooking, combine olive oil and spices over medium heat stirring with a wooden spoon. When you can smell the herbs combining with the oil, add your mushrooms and stir for two minutes.
- Add butter, continually stirring for another 3 minutes.
- Add feta, stir 1 minute and remove from heat.
- Once quinoa is cooked, pour into bowl unevenly.
- Now add stove top mixture to quinoa stirring well.
- Add almond milk continually stirring until a creamy consistency is reached.
- Garnish with basil.