What You’ll Need:
- 2 pounds russet potatoes
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes
- 3 carrots
- 1 large peeled onion
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 1 cup gluten free rice flour (can also use coconut flour, almond flour too sticky)
- 3-4 beaten eggs
- Bottle olive oil on hand for cooking
- 1 container sour cream (optional)
- 1 large skillet or cast iron pan
- 1 large colander
- 1 large bowl
- 1 spatula
- 1 baking sheet (optional, see below)
- 3-5 sheets of paper towel
Putting It All Together:
- Thoroughly scrub potatoes and carrots, leaving skin on.
- Grate potatoes and carrots into a large colander.
- Add chopped onion to potatoes and carrots.
- In large bowl add flour, salt, coriander, cinnamon and pepper to potatoes and carrots and stir ingredients.
- Mix potatoes and carrots to dry ingredients and stir.
- Add 1/4 inch of olive oil to your skillet and place on medium heat.
- Mix eggs into other ingredients well.
- Roll several handfuls of your mixture into the size of golf balls. We like to roll the pancakes into balls then drop several into the frying pan. Easier to flatten with the spatula.
- When pancakes appear golden on one side flip to the other. Note that other side will cook fairly quickly.
- If you’re not ready to serve within several minutes, place cooked pancakes on your baking sheet and place in oven on 250 degrees while waiting for the others to finish.
- Once you’re ready to serve, place pancakes on top of paper towel to remove excess oil and serve!
- Doll up pancakes with sour cream for a little extra treat.
Tip: For a real indulgence, top potato pancakes with fluffy poached eggs dusted in coriander.