Some like it hot, some like it cold. We liked it cold last week. Had the gals over for gluten-free cupcakes and whipped up some creamy freezy sorbet to compliment! With the Vitamix, there really are endless possibilities to what one can make fresh and on the spot. Because it turns its contents into liquid, it’s easy breezy to sneak all sorts of nutrition in too (we added carrots and a beet without the girls knowing).
Packed with over 1000mg of vitamin C, beta-carotene, folic acid and a plethora of antioxidants, this recipe is undeniably awesome.
What You’ll Need
- one 16 oz vanilla coconut creamer
- ice cube tray
- handful of blackberries
- one small beet
- one carrot
- juice of 1/2 pomelo or seasonal grapefruit
- one clementine
- 1/2 cup coconut water
Putting It All Together
- Freeze an ice cube tray full of coconut creamer
- Dump veggies, fruit and coconut water into Vitamix and blend to a smooth texture
- Once coconut cubes are fully frozen dump into Vitamix and blend into mixture
- Add ice, about 1/2 cup at a time. Blend in enough ice to create a smooth creamy texture
- Voila, sorbet. Spoon into tiny glasses. Serve and enjoy!