Facts are facts! People love Good On Ya’s Bars! How much do they love these hard-to-believe-they’re-good-for-you-treats? Last week my house guest’s kids “broke into” my work closet, grabbed the samples that Kris, GOYB’s cool owner generously donated for our giveaway and scarfed them down thinking they were desert bars! If a two and four year old are convinced, you know Good On Ya Bar is the real deal!
Natural Balance = Natural Extensions
Kris started Good On Ya Bar in 2001 and has been evolving ever since into the San Diego community. A field hockey player on the National Olympic team for eleven years, Kris knows bars! As an athlete, Kris was always looking to grab something quick to fuel her up! With all that wasn’t out there, she decided to combine the virtues of nature to create a real food bar that sustains us physically and mentally!
What Am I Biting Into?
The Good On Ya Bar boasts two ounces of action-packed flavor. Kris says… “It is a protein bar, a fiber bar, a snack bar, an energy bar, a nutrition bar. It’s food!” And, apparently, if you’re under five, it will also be happily received as desert!
Good On Ya: Two Green Thumbs Up Point Into the Community!
Kris realizes that running a cafe and product line can contribute to waste. This is her awesome effort to extend knowledge, thoughtfulness and care as a product developer and community advocate… Another reason she rocks!
* Banned plastic bags from our cafes.
* Use vinegar and water as the main cleaner in our cafes instead of harsh soaps.
* Buy reusable coffee mugs and sell them at cost to our customers. We also give them a discount every time they use the mug.
* Reuse all shipping/packing material when we send you your bars (it’s true, I rec’d the lucky winner’s goods in a coffee mug box). Nothing to pack your bars is purchased by us, it’s all reused from materials that we receive.
* Banned coffee sleeves from our cafe.
* Buy from companies, like us, that have the same ideals. It’s going to take all of us together to make the impact that is needed.
* Buy only organic ingredients and support companies that have taken the time, effort and money to become certified. But also support companies that are sustainable and local who might not yet be able to afford to get certified but are following organic practices.
* Contribute 1% for the planet.
* Members of the Organic Trade Association
* Members of Surfrider
* Members of Weston and Price
* Members of Slow Foods San Diego
* Members of San Diego Coast Keepers
To engage more fully with how Kris advocates, please visit her full-page of resources here!
Visit Kris’ cool site where you’ll see that LOVE is everyone’s favorite four-letter word over there! If you’re in San Diego, you can pop by one of her local delis to share your love in-person. For Kris’ latest creations and news become a part of her Facebook community and follow her tweets @TheGoodOnYaBar!
There’s still time to get in on the giveaway goodness today! See the rules here to win!