If broccoli isn’t your favorite of vegetables, but you’re at a loss of where to find a comparable nutrient-dense superfood, search no further and crunch down on some brocco-sprouts. I just stuffed a giant handful of brocco-sprouts into my mouth for a nutrient packed afternoon snack. These spicy little sprouts are my new favorite way to pack in several days worth of nutrients all in one serving!
Why Eat Brocco-Sprouts?
- They contain sulforaphane which fights cancer (reduces tumor growth)
- One small serving of sprouts (little over an ounce) is equal to 1 1/4 pounds of broccoli (not heads of, but pounds!!!)
- Unlike other designer foods, brocco-sprouts are free from genetic modification
Sprout to It!
Want to enjoy sprouts like I do? Try my seasonal and savory, venison sausage sandwich! Tell me what you think in the comments below!
Make the Sandwich
- One piece of your fave bread (mine is Udi’s)
- Israeli or French feta
- Sauteed onions
- Rosemary & thyme
- Red pepper flakes
- One link venison sausage
- 2 Tbl grapeseed or olive oil
Putting it Together:
- Slice link of sausage in half, quickly cook in oil over medium flame
- Toast bread
- Pour remaining oil over toasted bread
- Top with sausage, onions, herbs and pepper, sprouts and feta cheese