- 10-10oz Tuna
- 1 package Buckwheat Soba noodles- or your favorite Asian style noodle
- ½ Orange or Red Bell Pepper- thinly sliced
- ½ cup Sugar Snap peas- Cut into 1” pieces
- 1/3 cup Napa or Red Cabbage- julienne
- ¼ cup Daikon Radish- julienne
- ¼ cup green onions- thinly sliced
- ½ bunch Chopped Cilantro- or more to taste
- 1.5oz (3TBSP) Yuzu Ponzu sauce- can also use yuzu paste if desired.
- 1.5 tsp Rice Wine Vinegar
- 3-4oz Extra Light Olive Oil
- 1TBSP+ 2tsp Sesame Oil – Divided
- Sesame seeds- as needed
- Chili flakes- optional in dressing
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil over medium-high heat in a medium sized pot.
- In a 2 qt sauce pot bring 2 cups of salted water to a boil. Water should taste almost like the ocean. Probably about 3TBSP salt should do it.
- While water is heating up wash and julienne bell peppers and Napa cabbage and set aside
- At the same time cut snap peas into 1” pieces.
- Once water in large pot has reached a boil place Soba noodle into water. Cook noodles until tender. About 4-5 minutes. Once noodles are cooked quickly drain and shock noodles with cold water to stop cooking. Once noodles have drained place into bowl and mix in 2tsp of sesame oil. This will prevent the noodles from sticking. Place inside of fridge to cool down
- While noodles are cooking place pieces of snap peas into smaller pot and blanch until al dente. Once done remove from hot water and shock with cold water or ice bath to stop cooking. Set aside.
- Heat sauté pan on medium-high heat until almost smoking. While pan is heating up season tuna with salt and pepper and sesame seeds
- In small bowl mix Rice wine Vinegar and Yuzu Ponzu. Any good Asian market will have Yuzu in several forms.
- Slowly drizzle in extra light olive oil and Sesame Oil until emulsified.
- Once pan is hot place tuna onto pan and sear all sides until tuna reaches desired doneness. Once done take off pan and set aside.
- Remove noodles from fridge and place into medium sized bowl with vegetables and mix in dressing until just coated.
Serving:Slice tuna and place on top of salad and serve immediately.