What’s In Season?
Why Eat What’s In Season ?
- Full of flavor, just came from the ground
- Nutrient dense soil
- Keeps $$$ in your local economy
- Builds community relationships
- Reduces mono-cropping, keeps fruits and veggies from becoming extinct
- Over-tilling eliminated (allowing for nutrients to build back up in the ground to enrich the next season’s crops)
- Allows us to consume varietal foods offering a multitude of vitamins and minerals
- Saves fossil-fuels eliminating environmental hazards from food transportation
So What’s In Season Here in the US?
Want to get a closer look? Epicurious offers a state by state map of what’s growing now in your locale! Visit their map to roll over your region.